PCAB™ Accreditation and Why its Important to You
MasterPharm Compounding Pharmacy – PCAB™ Accredited since 2011
We are honored to be among the first in the nation to earn this new accreditation, as it sets us apart from other compounding pharmacies. We have continued to maintain the accreditation each year, thereafter. It confirms our commitment to providing safe, personalized solutions that meet the medical needs of our community.
What is the PCAB™ Seal of Accreditation?
- The PCAB™ Seal of Accreditation is a system of standards created by the leading experts in the compounding pharmacy field today.
- Our status as a PCAB Accredited™ compounding pharmacy lets you know that MasterPharm Compounding Pharmacy is dedicated to protecting our patients by practicing safe, high-quality compounding.
- Patients are assured of receiving high-quality medications that meet regulatory requirements.
- Physicians are assured that their patients are receiving what they ordered each and every time.
- Sponsors of clinical trials are assured that the products they use in the clinical trials are compounded correctly and consistently so that the results of the studies are reproducible.
Many pharmacies practice a small degree of compounding, while others specialize in the centuries-old practice.
With an estimated 30 million to 40 million prescriptions that are compounded each year, there is a need for an enhanced, profession-wide system of standards by which each compounding pharmacy can test its quality processes. While compounding is regulated by the states, PCAB™ Accreditation is a comprehensive way to ensure that a compounding pharmacy has undergone the profession’s most rigorous review and inspection measures across the nation.
MasterPharm Compounding Pharmacy Accreditation Process
To earn the designation “PCAB Accredited™ compounding pharmacy,” we completed an extensive application and submission process that was reviewed by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board. Our compounding policies and procedures were then reviewed by professionals. Next, we opened our doors for an extensive on-site inspection led by compounding experts. Only when these stringent evaluations were completed did PCAB™ officially grant us the PCAB™ Seal of Accreditation.